Participants who wish to run with a Personal Pacer: a friend, family member, Coach, or run buddy who is willing and capable of running the entire 42km may sign up for a Pacer. We would like to emphasize, however, that running with a Pacer is purely OPTIONAL and, in fact, unnecessary. With proper training, you will be ready to run your own race on your own. To add, we will have over 60 DREAM CHASERS and MARSHALS on the road who will be there to provide you support.
Should you wish to run with a Personal Pacer, please note the following:
- Slots are limited to 100 Pacers to ensure that priority is given to participants
- Online registration for Pacers will open on OCTOBER 2016 on thebullrunner.com. Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
- A fee of P1,500 will be collected from Pacers upon registration.
- Pacers will be required to run with a REGISTERED Dream Marathon Participant and will be asked to provide the name of the participant during registration. Any pacer caught running without a bib during the race will be asked to leave the course. The runner accompanied by the bandit pacer may be disqualified.
Roles of Personal Pacers:
- Pace one (1) registered participant throughout the entire 42km
- Alert the Medical/First Aid team and Course Manager of any participant needing outright medical/first aid attention.
Qualities we are looking for in Personal Pacers:
- Experienced marathoner. We discourage runners who have NOT completed a 42km from volunteering as Pacer.
- Serious passion for running
- Positive, pleasant, cheerful attitude
- Willing to provide exceptional moral support throughout the entire race
- Believes in “paying it forward” to first time marathoners who need the same support as he/she received in the past
- Submission of signed Waiver
- Payment of registration fee. Pacer will be issued his own race bib and will be free to partake of hydration and other provisions on the course, but he/she will not receive a Finisher’s medal, Finisher’s shirt, or loot bag. Pacer will receive a special token after the finish line.
- Pacer’s name must be “attached” to the name of a registered participant. Participant must accept the Pacer as his/her personal pacer.
- For pacers who wish to pace more than one runner, this will be allowed. Upon registration as Pacer, he/she only needs to provide the name of one registered participant.
- One registered participant cannot have more than one pacer. Any runner who accepts more than one Pacer will be disqualified.
- Bikers not allowed. Pacer must be on foot.
- Must wear the PACER race bib to be provided before race day
Redemption of Pacer’s Kit:
Pacers may pay the Pacer’s fee of P1,500 and immediately redeem race kit on the following dates and venues:
1) TBR DREAM SEND OFF PARTY
During the TBR Dream Send Off Party, all registered 42km participants and accepted Personal Pacers of TBR Dream Marathon 2017 may claim the race kits. If the pacer cannot make it, a registered runner may pay the fee and claim the Pacer’s kit on his/her behalf.
2) PLANET SPORTS, BONIFACIO GLOBAL CITY (W Global Center, 30th St. cor. 9th Ave., near California Pizza Kitchen)
- Feb 8 Wednesday to Feb 16 Thursday, 12 NN to 8:00 PM
3) DREAM MARATHON INFO BOOTH, E. NATURE AVE., NUVALI
- February 18, 2017; 2:00PM to 5:00PM
- February 19, 2017; 12 midnight to 2:00 AM
WHAT DOES THE PACER NEED TO REDEEM THE RACE KIT AT THE SEND OFF PARTY?
P1,500 fee and the signed Nuvali & TBR Waiver.
Pacer’s name must be on the Official List of accepted Pacers.
CAN A REPRESENTATIVE CLAIM THE PACER’S RACE KIT?
You may send an authorized representative to claim your race kit. Please send the following:
- P1,500 fee
- Signed Nuvali & TBR Waiver. To download the Waiver, visit http://tbrdream.com/downloads/
IMPORTANT NOTE: For Send Off Party, only registered participants and Pacers will be allowed entry. Only they may claim your race kit for you as an authorized representative. Non-registered runners will NOT be allowed entry.